Ernest was born in Ranger, Georgia to William and Estelle (Moss) Parker on April 16, 1935.
He enjoyed golf, fishing, bowling, and sports – but the center of his life was his family. He worked for 27 years at Intalco.
He is preceded in death by his parents; siblings, Elease Smith, Adaz Bowdoin, JD Parker, Kenneth Parker, Charles Parker, and Max Parker; sons, Michael Parker, Jeffrey Cossett, and Kirk Cossett; daughter, Deanna St. John; and grandchildren, Brandy Parker, Travis Parker, and Tyler Cossett.
Survivors include his wife, Jill Parker; siblings, Danny (Nettie) Parker, Beverly (Ben) Cochran; children, Don (Charlene) Parker, Tim (Cheryl) Parker, Kecia (Teresa) Cossett, Sharon Parker, Dane (Jennifer) Cossett, and Gina (Chris) Freeman; and numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and extended family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Ernest’s name to American SIDS Institute (528 Raven Way, Naples, FL 34110) or Whatcom Hospice Foundation (2901 Squalicum Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98225).
A celebration of Ernest’s life will be held on Saturday, June 5th, 2021 at 1:00pm in the Outdoor Pavilion at American Legion Post 86 (4580 Legion Dr, Blaine, WA 98230).
Celebration of Life
- Date & Time: 5-Jun-21 (1:00 PM)
- Venue: American Legion Post 86
- Location: 4580 Legion Drive Blaine, WA 98230
American SIDS Institute
- Address: 528 Raven Way, Naples, FL 34110
- Website: https://www.sids.org/ways-to-help/donate/
- Phone Number: (239) 431-5425
- Description: Founded in 1983, the American SIDS Institute, a national nonprofit health care organization, is dedicated to the prevention of sudden infant death and the promotion of infant health through an aggressive, comprehensive nationwide program.
Whatcom Hospice Foundation
- Address: 2901 Squalicum Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98225).
- Website: https://whatcomhospice.org/donate-online/
- Phone Number: (360) 788-6866
- Description: Whatcom Hospice Foundation strengthens funding and improves awareness of Whatcom Hospice services through community collaboration, compassionate care resources and individual choice for end of life issues.