Patricia Ann Baldwin of Blaine, WA passed away on July 8, 2021. She is survived by her husband of 55 years, Charles (Bill) Baldwin, sons William (Michelle) Baldwin of Blaine, Brent (Mitzi) Baldwin of Lynden, Craig (Siri) Baldwin of Bellingham, 11 grandchildren, siblings Phyllis (Ted) Stoa of Fargo, ND, Neil (Jan) Quigley of Denver, CO, and Patrick (Linda) Quigley of Blaine, WA. Patsy was preceded in death by her brother Michael (Sherrill) Quigley and her parents.
Born in Warroad, MN on January 26, 1942 to Bernerd and Edith Quigley, Patsy spent her childhood living in Grand Forks, ND. She often spoke fondly of growing up in a close-knit neighborhood of friends and family, ice skating in the winters and swimming in the summers. Her father, a customs and immigration officer, transferred to Blaine, WA in 1955 and she began attending Blaine Schools, graduating from Blaine High School in 1960. Patsy attended Western Washington University earning her Bachelor’s degree in 1964. After teaching experiences in Tacoma, WA and Northern Virginia, Patsy was hired as a teacher at Blaine Elementary. She would teach there for 30 years, retiring in 2003 after serving countless children and families as a beloved teacher. Along the way, she earned her Master’s degree from City University in 1994.
Bill and Patsy were married on August 27, 1966 at St. Anne’s Church in Blaine. They raised their three sons in Blaine.
Patsy will be remembered for her devotion to her family, many years of commitment and service as an elementary school teacher, and her involvement in the Blaine community. Patsy loved being involved in her children’s and grandchildren’s lives, and traveling to spend time with extended family. She will be missed by all that had the privilege to know her.
A funeral mass will be held at St. Anne Catholic Church in Blaine on Wednesday, July 21 at 10:00 a.m. A brief graveside committal will follow at Green Acres Cemetery (Ferndale) at 12:00 p.m. The Baldwin Family would like to invite friends and family to join them for a casual outdoor reception at the Cannery Lodge at Semiahmoo Park between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on July 21. In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
- Date & Time: July 21, 2021 (10:00 AM)
- Venue: St. Anne Catholic Church
- Location: 604 H St Blaine, WA 98230
- Date & Time: July 21, 2021 (12:00 PM)
- Venue: Greenacres Memorial Park
- Location: 5700 Northwest Dr Ferndale, WA 98248
- Date & Time: July 21, 2021 (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM)
- Venue: Cannery Lodge at Semiahmoo Park
- Location: 9261 Semiahmoo Pkwy Blaine, WA 98230
Michael J. Fox Foundation
- Address: Donation Processing The Michael J. Fox Foundation P.O. Box 5014 Hagerstown, MD 21741-5014
- Website: https://www.michaeljfox.org/your-role-research?smcid=ap-a1b1R0000086fHf&gclid=CjwKCAjw3MSHBhB3EiwAxcaEu2wf1omvDbAtgYHjQH_9TLzvBrOrsWHwDhMKHHWoglsN__W88efrRBoCPJwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Phone Number: +1(800) 708-7644