Maarten “Marty” Warmink passed peacefully on the 15th of August, 2016. He was married to his loving wife, Adeline (Fox) Warmink for 62 years, they married March 5th, 1954 in Laurel, WA. Marty adored fishing, camping and spending time with his family.
He worked for a long time as a crane operator, and was a member of Operating Engineers for 40 years.
He is survived by his children, Marcella, of Lynden, Mickey, of Ferndale, and Marleta, of Marysville. He is also survived by 9 grandchildren and 19—soon to be 20!—great-grandchildren.
He is predeceased by his parents, his brothers, sisters and grandson, Brock.
A church service will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church, starting at 11 am. This will be followed by a reception, then a graveside service at 2pm at Greenacres Memorial Park on August 24th.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, Whatcom Hospice house, or your choice of charities in Marty’s name.
Please feel free to share memories here.
- Date & Time: Aug 24, 2016 (No Time)
- Venue: Grace Lutheran Church
- Location: 702 G St Blaine, WA 98230 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: Aug 22, 2016 (No Time)
- Venue: Moles Farewell Tributes - Greenacres
- Location: 5700 Northwest Dr Ferndale, WA 98248 - (Get Directions)