For those who have served our country, we are honored to take extra steps to create a fitting tribute to our veterans. Moles Farewell Tributes has designed a veteran’s package that you can personalize to suit your needs.
Veteran’s Farewell Tribute™
For putting their own lives at risk to protect our country’s freedom and honor, we’d like to help you say goodbye to a veteran in a manner befitting his or her honorable station. The Veteran’s Farewell Tribute™ includes:
- A personalized service at one of our Farewell Tribute locations (Bellingham, Ferndale or Greenacres). If you’d like a church service, we would be pleased to take care of all the details and planning for you.
- A visitation ceremony that celebrates the life of the honorable deceased. This is a time for up to 10 immediate family members and closest friends to say goodbye. A video tribute will be played, and photo boards will be displayed to commemorate the life of your loved one.
- If cremation is chosen, you’ll receive a free upgraded placement at beautiful Stillwaters Cremation Cemetery.
Moles Farewell Tributes offers a variety of burial and cremation packages at reasonable rates. Whenever possible, we recommend pre-planning your funeral service to eliminate any guesswork your family may have, and to ensure your special requests are noted and will be carried out.
Improved Veteran Benefits
Here’s some good news…Did you know that the US Department of Veterans Affairs has made changes to the burial benefits veterans receive? Previously, you had to submit a written application and claim any related expenses incurred. This process was lengthy and cumbersome.
As of July 7, 2014, VA has made it easier for families and spouses to receive benefits quickly without the need for a written application. All families will now receive a flat rate for burial and plot expenses at the maximum level allowed through an automated system.
Festival of Flags Event 2016
Each year on Memorial Day, Moles Farewell Tributes is pleased to present the Festival of Flags at Greenacres Memorial Park in Ferndale, WA. This year marks the 51st annual Festival of Flags and Remembrance Ceremony and as such, a very special event is planned. Don’t miss one of the largest Memorial Day events in the region with 1,700 6-foot by 9-foot flags lining the walkway.
If you’ve never attended the Festival of Flags, come join us for what promises to be a touching tribute to our veterans and a fun-filled afternoon for the entire family. The sight of thousands of stars-spangled banners standing at salute along the walkway is one that you won’t soon forget.
Schedule for Monday, May 25, 2016; 12 to 3 pm
- 12 pm: Festival begins with scheduled live music and crafts for younger children
- 1 pm: Remembrance Ceremony
- 2 pm: Reception and welcome of our WWII heroes. Free hot dogs will be served.
Moles Farewell Tributes is honored to help families in Bellingham, WA pay tribute to veterans and loved ones. Call us toll-free at (866) 235-1484 or contact us here.